We are currently recruiting for a Structural Engineer to join our clients Building Services Team.
To plan, design and manage structural design projects, ensuring the structures are safe, compliant and economic.
- Undertake feasibility, concept and detail structural engineering design and checking.
- Undertake structural inspections.
- Commission specialist surveys.
- Obtain building regulation approvals.
- Prepare reports.
- Create engineering drawings using CAD packages and sketches for drafting.
- Deputise for the Principal Structural Engineer as required.
- Assessing the environmental impact and risks connected to design decisions.
- Assessing the Health and Safety impact and risks connected to design decisions.
- Managing, directing and monitoring progress during each phase of a project.
- Monitoring and inspecting work undertaken by contractors.
- Administer contracts.
- Work flexibly to support delivery across the service.
- Support and mentor junior employees.
- Prepare bids for tenders and report to clients, public agents and planning bodies.
- Provide an efficient and business-like point of contact.
- Deliver a consistent and professional level of customer service at all times to clients and other stakeholders
- Strong Engineering experience (minimum of five years).
- Chartership with ICE, I Struct E or equivalent.
- Decision making with minimal supervision abilities.
- Ability to work directly with clients and other team members to ensure projects are completed in agreed timescales.
- Flexible attitude – you are prepared to work flexibly to deliver the service.
Monday – Friday 8:30- am – 5:30 pm
The role will predominantly be home based with occasional travel to site and Head Office which is based in Derbyshire