We are currently recruiting for a Senior Mechanical Engineer within our clients Building Services Team.
To be an active and leading member within the Building Services team. To deliver mechanical building services designs for the group, engaging with other disciplines to ensure that fundamental building services principles drive building design and ensuring both the compliance and the quality of installations.
- Work within an integrated M&E department consisting of CAD Technicians, Trainees, Engineers and Senior Engineers.
- Adopt a flexible working approach, utilising appropriate team resources and managing delegation to junior members of the team to support efficient delivery across the service.
- Mentor and develop junior team members.
- Represent the business throughout the industry in a professional manner.
- Provide an efficient and business-like point of contact.
- Liaise with clients, developing the relevant aspect of their client briefs.
- Work collaboratively with other professionals and also with contractors and suppliers.
- Offer support and advice to clients, exceeding their expectations and delivering a first class service.
- Produce appropriate reports, drawings and specifications of compliant mechanical building services design.
- A HND or degree in an engineering related subject
- Substantial experience in the profession, preferably in a consultancy practice or for a large contractor in a design capacity. Chartership is also preferred.
- Membership with a relevant professional body e.g IMechE or CIBSE
- Up to date knowledge of relevant Building Regulations and standards for mechanical installations
- High level of technical skill
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- An ability to work effectively under pressure managing the delivery of multiple projects
Monday – Friday 8:30- am – 5:30pm
The role will predominantly be home based with occasional travel to site and Head Office which is based in Derbyshire