PROJECT DIRECTOR – reporting to CEO
Full responsibility for the overall leadership, direction, management and supervision of projects to achieve the best possible health and safety standards.
Ensuring all projects are delivering projects to time, cost and quality targets.
Provide leadership and support to managing the delivery of projects liaising regularly with other department heads to ensure programme, specification and quality and cost objectives are achieved.
If you can answer the following questions, then you could possibly be the person we are looking for.
MUST HAVE 10 years PROVEN experience and a full clean driving license.
1. Have you worked in construction in main contracts from the value of £50m upwards and must have been the SOLE Project Director?
2. Do you have strong leadership skills?
3. MCIOB or equivalent
4. A very broad knowledge of building regulations and construction methods, strong commercial awareness, knowledge of current health and safety legislation and practice.
5. Extremely organised and able to coordinate effectively very large teams of contractors, management teams and consultants simultaneously, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
6. Work to very strict timescales and quickly adapt to change, following all necessary procedure to ensure project is still delivered on time and in budget, constantly monitoring progress and reporting, and where necessary take action to prevent slippage / recover lost time.
7. You will have a well-established record within the Off-Site sector and will have expert knowledge of key sectors such as Education, Healthcare, Defence, etc.
8. Have experience in working with senior management to align sales strategies and solutions and must have experience of working in a corporate/business focused environment.
If you can answer YES to all the above with a minimum of 10 years proven experience, then please apply.
Responsibilities & duties include:
Lead the project team
Manage the supply chain to deliver projects to time
Meeting cost and quality targets and CML standards
Monitor and drive weekly progress and liaise with other department heads to resolve any delays or issues identified
Ensure that a culture exists within the site construction team that guarantees the required quality of the build process is achieved
Ensure safety targets and standards are maintained by knowing what safety excellence looks like and communicating safety to the project team to deliver high standards
Foster a continuous improvement culture by actively seeking input from all members of the project team and encouraging them to implement safety improvements
Proactively manage the customer relationship during delivery, including change and decision making to effectively manage expectations, and maintain long-term relationships
Communication of a clear vision and strategy the project delivery team in order to deliver contracts in line with contract programmes and cost plans.
Effective Resourcing – plan skill requirements and own the resourcing for assigned projects, being supported by HR Project Set-up and Close-Out: set up quality processes in line with quality and factory manager, oversee problem resolution and snagging with focus on alignment of cost, scope and timescale from project start-up.
Programme Management: proactively manage and monitor programmes throughout the factory, installation, commissioning and handover.
Effective people management: build and manage the team around you, providing constructive feedback and inspiring others to progress.
Ability to take ownership of projects whilst having the backing of a supportive team and working closely with the CEO.
Aligning performance targets to business objectives, driving critical business areas such as Safety, Quality, Programme, Delivery and People.