We are currently recruiting for a Principal Building Surveyor to lead and develop our Services Team.
- Lead and manage the Building Surveying team effectively, supporting colleagues to achieve their full potential.
- Support the Directors and link with other disciplines and teams within the business in a positive manner.
- Work flexibly to support delivery across the service.
- Work collaboratively to develop the business.
- Provide an efficient and business-like point of contact.
- Liaise with clients, developing the relevant aspect of their client briefs.
- Work collaboratively with other professionals and also with contractors and suppliers.
- Offer support and advice to clients, exceeding their expectations and delivering a first-class service.
- Provide excellent advice on the practicality of a project.
- Lead and support the Building Surveying strategy for the business.
- A degree in Building Surveying.
- MRICS or MCIOB status.
- Substantial experience in the profession, preferably in a consultancy practice or for a large contractor in a design capacity.
- Up to date knowledge of relevant Building Regulations.
- Advanced knowledge of contract administration.
- Knowledge of NBS building software.
- High level of technical skill.
- General knowledge in current design industry processes and procurement arrangements.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- An ability to work effectively under pressure managing the delivery of multiple projects.
Monday – Friday 8:30- am – 5:30pm
The role will predominantly be home based with occasional travel to site and Head Office which is based in Derbyshire