Maintenance Technician Grad
To assist the company in achieving its business objectives and revenue targets by being responsible for attending machine breakdowns, changeovers and to set up machines, to support the day to day needs of production and look after the plant machinery. Continually, working towards improving productivity, highlighting and introducing machine and process improvements to maximise the efficiency and performance.
• Responsible for the maintenance of a variety of production machinery and associated tooling, to include; Auto forms, thermo formers, flatbed moulders, Industrial printers, Water baths and many more.
• Strong electrical fault finding
• Ensure the tooling and consumables stock is maintained.
• Undertake all machine changeovers in line with production requirements and lean techniques.
• Actively support and work towards Lean Manufacturing principles.
• Provide preventative, planned and reactive maintenance in an efficient and safe manner.
• Ensure the most cost effective and efficient use of machinery and resources are maintained at all times, identifying and implementing continuous improvement and manufacturing techniques.
• Ensure that proper handover procedures are carried out, communicating any problems or shortfalls during shift, completing job log on computer.
• Ensure good time management in line with preparation and attendance at meetings along with meeting all deadlines set with line manager.
• Manage and demonstrate good human relations both within the team and to other departments.
• Demonstrate and influence good housekeeping, hygiene and quality standards in line with Company procedures and dress code.
• When necessary ensure safe factory closure with regards to alarm setting, plant, machinery and equipment. Full check of all other areas including door/window closure, gate locking and any other security.
• To contribute towards maintaining, promoting and developing high health and safety standards and to carry out all duties and specific responsibilities in compliance with Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Directly reporting to Supervisor
• When required a reasonable amount of additional hours will be expected during peaks of activity to ensure business objectives are met.
• Any other reasonable duties, as requested by your Manager, to meet the changing needs of the business.
Experience, Qualifications and Role Specific Skills
Education / Qualifications
Essential (Minimum requirement) Preferable
NVQ Level 3 in Electrical Maintenance
Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
3+ years’ strong electrical machine fault finding experience.
3+ years’ experience in a medical manufacturing environment.
3+ years’ diagnostic experience working on Mitsubishi, Omron and Schneider PLC’s.
Good organisational skills including the ability to prioritise and work under pressure.
Excellent telephone manor.
Ability to adapt and evolve within the position.
Excellent organisational and time management skills.
Strong English language skills, written and spoken.
Excellent attention to detail.