We are currently recruiting for a CAD Technician – Mechanical & Electrical to join our clients Building Services Team.
To support the design and specification of Building Services.
- Produce high quality and accurate design drawings relevant to electrical and mechanical disciplines.
- Maintain and prioritise workload based on cost, quality, or timescales.
- Maintain drawing libraries and associated document management processes and procedures. Working around constraining factors such as planning legislation, building regulations, environmental impact and project budget.
- Prepare applications for planning and building control.
- Choose materials to be used and the requirements for a project based on site and environmental data.
- Participate as a member of the team, supporting colleagues working collaboratively to develop the business.
- Work flexibly to support delivery across the service.
- Take ownership for own personal development with a willingness to learn, acquiring new skills that will support you in your role.
- Provide an efficient and business-like point of contact.
- Work collaboratively with other professionals and with contractors and suppliers.
- Create a positive and professional first impression when, dealing with all contacts professionally and communicating with colleagues effectively.
- CAD experience within a Building Services context.
- Proficiency in the use of ArchiCAD, AutoCAD, IES or similar CAD modelling software.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint).
- The ability to create neat and accurate technical drawings.
- Good standard of literacy and numeracy.
- A professional, friendly and honest attitude, building good relationships with colleagues.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to deliver clear and accurate information.
- A team worker and customer focus – You work collaboratively with your team to achieve better outcomes for customers.
- Initiative – you come up with ways of improving how we do things.
- Strong organisation – you plan and prioritise your work to ensure that deadlines are met. You have the ability to plan and multi-task and can work to strict deadlines
- Flexible attitude – you are prepared to work flexibly to deliver the service
Monday – Friday 8:30- am – 5:30pm
The role will predominantly be home based with occasional travel to site and Head Office which is based in Derbyshire